Table Mountain Aerial Cableway
The Table Mountain Aerial Cableway Company has been providing visitors with a world-class experience since October 4, 1929. The company operates in a National Park and World Heritage Site.
The mountain’s magnetism has a way of drawing people in, compelling them to reach the summit. But getting to the top was not always the effortless trip it is today.
- The Cableway has transported over 24-million people to the summit of Table Mountain.
- Each of the two cable cars can carry 65 people.
- More than 800 people can enjoy the trip every hour.
- The floor of the circular cabin rotates to allow travellers 360° views.
- The cable cars’ circular shape ensures excellent aerodynamics and stability.
- Approximately 909 000 visitors from all over the world use the Cableway annually.
Free return trip on the Table Mountain Aerial Cableway for Cape Town Pass holders
Normal Ticket Prices
Adult - R275 - R290 (Return)
Child (4-17 Years) R135 - R140 (Return)
You will find free parking along Tafelberg Road; It is also possible to take the free myCiti bus from the parking lot at the bottom of Tafelberg Rd to the lower cable station.
021 424 0015
This attraction is weather sensitive and best to be enjoyed on a sunny, wind-free day
Winter 08:00 - 17:00 Summer 08:00 - 19:00 Some variations may occur, please see the website for more detail.
Tafelberg Road, Gardens, Cape Town, 8001